How do Wisdom and Selling go together?

Welcome to Wisdom Selling. So if you are like me, you are always wanting to learn more. Well here is the deal about selling. It is the desire to exchange something you have, for something of more value to you. You may have an idea, a product, a service which people will want to pay for, allowing you to make a profit. You have to seek out people who might want it, and convince them it is worth the price you are charging. Or like me, you may just have a little wisdom, and are looking for someone who values it enough to want to use it. My value received in return is the joy of your feedback. So, I am selling wisdom. The cost to you, your interest. I want to help others as well. Visit the links page and shop for some good deals. Any profits on money you spend there will be used by Wisdom Selling to support non-profit businesses in developing their strategies.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Why Wisdom Selling Solutions?

When you start a business to support the ideas of helping small businesses and non-profits, you naturally draw on the learnings of your past experiences.  I have loved many different people and things in my life, but my family, my faith, my sports and my music have dominated.  Behind this is my love of learning, particularly around business efforts.  I have studied different strategic planning processes, different selling methods, and how marketing impacts the ability of a company to succeed.  Marketing creates the environment for a transaction to take place, while Sales finds the people to make transaction with and causes it to happen.  I have seen the growth of web marketing strategies, and this has changed entire business plans from a focus on face-to-face to a focus on the best way to connect, whether phone, email, web or even texting.  One thing that has not changed, though, is the need to connect.  The how can be figured out, but the what and the why of connecting often remain a mystery.  What am I selling, and why would you want it?  Business strategy is around building into the entire organization the ability to answer these two questions and then for internal analysis- at what cost.  Because these questions are always fun for me, I have started Wisdom Selling Solutions.  It is not enough to know stuff, we need to be able to do wise things as a result.  Read our blogs, look at the books we recommend and give us a chance to serve your organization.  You can see our books and other items at www.thebyrdstore.com .

Why the store?  Well, these books and other items helped me build my knowledge base, and now they help me fund activities with non-profits.  So buy one and enjoy it.  Or two or three.

No comments:

Post a Comment